You can find tuition fees for our Research degrees on the University's degree finder.
- PhD Law - 3 years (full time)
- PhD Law - 6 years (part time)
- LLM by Research - 1 year (full time)
- LLM by Research - 2 years (part time)
We charge different rates depending on your fee status, for example 'home' or 'overseas'.
Your tuition fee status is determined by:
- your nationality
- the country where you normally live - where you are 'ordinarily resident'
The University offers a 10% discount in postgraduate tuition fees for all alumni who have graduated with an undergraduate degree from the University of Edinburgh (conditions apply).
The University accepts a range of payment methods and tuition fees can be paid in full or in instalments.
Please contact us if you have any questions about studying for a research degree at Edinburgh Law School.