Edinburgh International Willem Vis Pre-Moot welcomes international teams to the Law School
Tue 9 April 2019
On Saturday 16th March and Sunday 17th March 2019 the 8th Edinburgh International Willem Vis Pre-Moot took place at the Edinburgh Law School.
The event allows an international field of students to compete with each other and gain feedback from arbitrators, legal practitioners and academics of an equally diverse international background.
This year, the event was delighted to welcome student teams from (by order of their score):
- University of Mannheim (Germany)
- University of Passau (Germany)
- University of Mainz (Germany)
- University of Düsseldorf (Germany)
- Università degli Studi di Milano (Italy)
- Aix-Marseille University (France)
- University of Lucerne (Switzerland)
- University of Bern (Switzerland)
- University of Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- University of Edinburgh (UK)
- University of Leipzig (Germany)
- Ruhr-Bochum Universität (Germany)
- University of Glasgow (UK)
- University of Lancaster (UK)
- University of Göttingen (Germany)
- Syddansk Universitet (Denmark)
- Friedrich-Schiller-Univesität Jena Germany
- Palacký University Olomouc (Czech Republic)
- Kobe University (Japan)
The Pre-Moot was based on the problem for the 26th Willem Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, with final rounds in Vienna in April 2019.
The Edinburgh Pre-Moot is an important step for many students in their preparation for their pleadings at the moot venue in Vienna as it guaranteed each student the opportunity to plead on at least two occasions, test out their arguments and receive feedback from arbitrators.
This is made possible by the help and support of the international legal and arbitration community, and thanks are due to all those who gave their time and advice to the students. You can find the full list of arbitrators and sponsors here.