International Seminar on Inclusion and Integration of Migrants in Latin America - MiLA Event
Wed 5 May 2021
15:00 - 17:00
International Seminar on Inclusion and Integration of Migrants in Latin America
Migration in Latin America (MiLA) is a transdisciplinary research network aiming to strengthen the network of academics working on migration in Latin America and foster an international network of researchers in the field. Currently MiLA’s research is focused on exploring contexts of integration and inclusion of migrants in Argentina, Colombia and Mexico with a view to generate further studies on integration an inclusion in the region.
This event creates a space for open dialogue with key stakeholders from these countries. We will be hearing from academics and NGOs on their perspectives and experiences of practices and strategies that can promote integration and inclusion in the region and discuss further research proposals with them.
The event will take place on Wednesday 5th May 2021 (3:00pm -5:00pm (GMT)). It will be hosted by MiLA (the University of Edinburgh, UNAM and Queen Mary University of London) in collaboration with Instituto de Investigaciones Jurídicas and SUDIMER UNAM, via the Zoom online platform.
- Pablo Ceriani (Instituto de Justica y Derechos Humanos, UNLA, Argentina)
- Gabriela Liguori (CAREF, Argentina)
- Jorge Camilo Burgos Moceton (Servicio Jesuita a Refugiados JRS, Colombia)
- Alejandra Macías Delgadillo (Asylum Access, Mexico)
- Principal investigator
- Verónica Ruiz Abou-Nigm (Edinburgh School of Law)
- Alethia Fernández de la Reguera (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México)
- Marcia Vera-Espinoza (Queen Mary University of London)
- Research Associate
- Nuria González Martín (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México)
- Research Assistants
- Gabriela P. García García (the University of Aberdeen)
- Ella Keating (Edinburgh School of Law)
- Nuni Vieira Jorgensen (Queen Mary University of London)
- Victoria Cunto
Followed by an open Q&A session.
The event will be held in Spanish with simultaneous translation to English.
Event will be held virtually via Zoom, joining details will be sent to registrants before the event.
In case of questions, please contact Ella Keating via the MiLA email.