Dr Agomoni Ganguli Mitra
Agomoni Ganguli-Mitra is Lecturer and Chancellor’s Fellow in Bioethics and Global Health Ethics at Edinburgh University School of Law. She is also a member of the Wellcome Trust-funded Centre for Biomedicine, Self and Society, where she leads on the Centre themes Beyond Global and Beyond Sex. Dr. Ganguli-Mitra’s background is in bioethics, with a special interest in global bioethics, structural and gender justice. She has written on ethical issues related to surrogacy, sex-selection, biomedical research, social value in research governance, global health emergencies, and the concepts of exploitation and vulnerability in bioethics.
Ph.D. supervision interests
Dr. Ganguli-Mitra welcomes expressions of interest in all areas of medical ethics/bioethics, global health ethics and justice.
Current Research Interests
- Global bioethics and justice in global health
- Structural injustice, epistemic injustice, exploitation and vulnerability in bioethics
- The ethics of global health emergencies
- Surrogacy and gender justice
- Social norms in bioethics
- Sex-selection and gender justice
- Conscientious objection in healthcare
- Ethics and governance of biomedical research
- Public health ethics
- Bioethics and Law