Dr Agomoni Ganguli Mitra
Dr. Agomoni Ganguli-Mitra is Chancellor’s Fellow in the Legal and Ethical Aspects of Biomedicine, and Co-director of the JK Mason Institute for Medicine, Life Sciences and the Law. She is also a member of the Wellcome Trust-funded Centre for Biomedicine, Self and Society. Dr. Ganguli-Mitra’s background is in bioethics, with a special interest in global bioethics, structural and gender justice. She has written on ethical issues related to global surrogacy, sex-selection, biomedical research in low-income countries, social value in research governance and the concepts of exploitation and vulnerability in bioethics.
She is currently PI on a Wellcome Trust funded project entitled, Vulnerability and Justice in Global Health Emergency Regulation: Developing Future Ethical Models (2018-19).
Ph.D. supervision interests
Dr. Ganguli-Mitra welcomes expressions of interest in all areas of medical ethics/bioethics, global health ethics and justice.
Current Research Interests
- Global bioethics and justice in global health
- Structural injustice, epistemic injustice, exploitation and vulnerability in bioethics
- The ethics of global health emergencies
- Surrogacy and gender justice
- Social norms in bioethics
- Sex-selection and gender justice
- Conscientious objection in healthcare
- Ethics and governance of biomedical research
- Public health ethics
- Bioethics and Law