This programme can be taken full-time over one year, or part-time over two years*. It offers a range of subjects across the fields of criminology, criminal justice, law and social sciences, allowing you to tailor a interdisciplinary programme to suit your interests.
The programme consists of 180 credits, comprising taught courses worth 120 credits (60 credits per semester) and a 10,000 word dissertation worth 60 credits.
We are in the process of confirming the programme structure for the 2019-20 academic year. Courses shown below are for illustrative purposes.
Mandatory Courses (60 credits)
- Criminological Research Methods (40 credits, Full year)
- Theoretical Criminology (20 credits, semester 1)
Core Courses (20 credits)
Option Courses (40 credits)
- Cybercrime and Cyber Security (20 credits)
- Media and Crime (20 credits)
- Mental Health and Crime (20 credits)
- Police and Policing (20 credits)
- Responding to Global Crime and Insecurity (20 credits)
- Surveillance and Security (20 credits)
Please note that due to unforeseen circumstances or lack of demand for particular courses, we may not be able to run all courses as advertised come the start of the academic year.
*Due to current UKBA regulations, the part-time programme is only available to UK or EU students.