Deadline: 30th June 2019
We recommend that you apply as early as possible; this is particularly important for students holding conditional offers (for example, you may need to allow sufficient time to take an English language test) and for overseas students who may need time to satisfy necessary visa requirements (for further, country-specific information, please consult the website of the University's Edinburgh Global) and/or to apply for University accommodation.
We aim to review applications and make selection decisions throughout the cycle and we monitor application numbers carefully to ensure we are able to accommodate all those who receive offers. It may therefore be necessary to close a programme earlier than the published deadline and if this is the case we will place a four-week warning notice on the relevant programme page.
Applications are made online via the University Application Service, EUCLID.
Please follow the instructions carefully and make sure that you have included the following with your application:
- You must submit a reference with your application.
- Previous academic transcripts for all past degree programmes (please upload the full transcript showing results from all years of study).
- Degree certificates showing award of degree.
- An English language proficiency test (if required - If you are currently studying for your degree or you are not in a possession of an IELTS test you may still apply for postgraduate study. However please note that applications will not be considered until all the required supporting documentation has been received. Please note that it is your responsibility to submit the necessary documents.)
What happens next?
Once your completed application form has been received, together with supporting statements from your academic referees and other relevant documentation (including where relevant proof of proficiency in English), the School is committed to processing and considering your application speedily and efficiently.
You will be informed as soon as possible of the decision taken. Three outcomes are possible:
- You may be offered a place unconditionally
- You may be offered a conditional place, which means that you must fulfill certain conditions that will be specified in the offer letter. Where a conditional offer is made, it is your responsibility to inform the College Postgraduate Office when you have fulfilled the requirements set out.
- Your application may be unsuccessful.
Candidates who do not fulfill the conditions specified, including our language requirements, cannot be admitted.