Professor Emilios Avgouleas, Chair of International Banking Law and Finance, and Dr Parker Hood, Commercial Law lecturer, have been presenting on the new governance regime for financial products at an EY Global Financial Services Institute event.
The event, titled ‘MiFID II and conduct risk for investment and insurance firms: a brave new world’, took place on 16th June at the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh.
Professor Avgouleas and Dr Hood discussed the key challenges that the new governance regime brings in terms of conduct risks for investment firms and insurance companies that sell savings products, which come under that scope of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II (MiFiD II).
Within this context they focussed on civil liability risk for infractions of the rules of the new regime.
On the panel to discuss this topic were:
- Jim Ewing, Chief Risk Officer, Aegon UK
- Uner Nabi, Executive Director, FS Risk, EY
- Neil Sweeney, Global Head of Compliance, Aberdeen Asset Management
- Raj Singh, Group Chief Risk Officer, Standard Life Group
- Rob Taylor, Head of Wealth Management and Private Banking, Financial Conduct Authority
Professor Emilios Avgouleas is the Programme Director of the LLM in International Banking Law and Finance.
Dr Parker Hood is the Programme Director of the LLM in Commercial Law.